Induction soldering of PCBs with soldering paste
PUBLISHED: 17 Jul 15
The customer uses a manual solder process. The current time to join 7 PCB's is 1 minute 45 seconds. It does not include the time to apply the solder paste and place the jumper across the PCBs in the paste. Our goal is to reduce the time while producing a high quality solder joint.
5 kW, 50-200 kHz
HS-4 Heat Station
Two-turn custom designed coil
- Soldering wire
- Soldering paste
Application of the solder paste with a stencil is recommended. This will provide improved process control, better repeatability, and avoid any residues.
Power: 3 kW
Time: 14 sec for joining 7 boards
1. Apply the solder paste on the pads of the printed circuit boards.
2. Place the copper jumpers in the solder paste across the pads of the adjacent PCBs.
3. Position the induction coil over the copper jumpers and pads.
4. Apply power to the UPT-S5, and heat for 2 sec. That's the time to heat one joint, and join 2 boards.
5. Confirm electrical continuity of across the jumpers by testing LED's on the printed circuit boards.
Induction heating provides:
- Strong durable joints
- Selective and precise heat zone, resulting in less part distortion and joint stress
- Less oxidation
- Faster heating cycles
- More consistent results and suitability for large volume production, without the need for batch processing
- Clean and safe heat application, without pollutants
UltraFlex brazing stainless steel to copper tubes within 9-11 seconds using Induction Heating
New demonstration by UltraFlex shows the efficiency of induction heaters for bore heating of steel pipes
UltraFlex induction brazing demo for copper, brass and steel proves the energy- and time-efficiency of the induction brazing process
UltraFlex induction heaters solder brass tube to galvanized steel pans within 25 seconds
UltraFlex successfully brazing aluminum rails radiators using induction heating
UltraFlex announces the release of their breakthrough SmartPower Compac Systems
Un-brazing and re-brazing copper angle brackets to copper strips at 760°C in less than a minute
Using Induction Heating to simultaneously solder two brass tubes to a brass water jacket assembly within 70 seconds
Brazing corrugated tubing to stainless steel pipe and cap using UltraFlex Induction Heating
Brazing of heat exchanger pipes
Induction braze copper and brass lap joint
Preheat magnetic steel strip with very even heating across the strip
Induction heating system delivered for automotive parts supplier
Soldering copper pins onto a PCB
Induction preheating of brass rods before hot forging