PurgElite® inflatable tube and pipe weld purging system
PUBLISHED: 24 Aug 15
PurgElite® inflatable tube and pipe weld purging system emerging from stainless pipe
When welding tubes and pipes such as stainless, duplex, chrome etc., it is important to purge the internal bore with an inert gas to prevent oxidisation, discolouration and to ensure a good internal weld profile.
After 40 years of innovation, design and manufacturing expertise in the field of tube and pipe purging systems, Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® has introduced to the market PurgElite®, a range of low cost Tube and Pipe Purging Systems to achieve a clean, oxide free, zero colour weld.
These systems are manufactured to suit pipe diameters from 1" to 24" (25 - 600 mm) and are made of low outgassing rate materials, which gives them the ability to produce high quality welds in tubing and piping.
Other key features of this new range include:
- Spinal tube that is resistant to hot metal up to 300°C (572°F) and is super flexible to allow movement around the tightest of bends, the only manufacturer to produce this.
- A new 1 inch (25 mm) system.
- Quick and easy to install.
- IntaCal®, an innovative purge gas feed device with no complicated valve to set.
- RootGlo®, a centrepiece glow positioning indicator allowing the systems to be positioned accurately inside the tube or pipe.
- Quick connect/disconnect fittings with collets and 'O' ring seals for gas tight sealing, fitted with 'Anti-Release' circlip to prevent parts accidentally separating inside pipes.
- No metal parts to scratch the internal pipe surface.
Heat Resistant Covers are available as an accessory to protect the inflatable dams, which are held on with ties and there are holes provided for the argon inlet and exhaust. The Heat Resistant Covers have a temperature rating of up to 300°C.
By using PurgElite® Tube and Pipe Purging Systems companies can save significant money in both time and inert gas costs.
HFT® encourages companies not to use old fashioned, makeshift products and to purge their Tube and Pipes the 'Elite' way!
Contact HFT® for a live demonstration and a return on investment chart to show you how quickly it pays to use up to date technology from the very first weld.
Tube and pipe weld purging costs paid in one weld with PurgExtra®
Eliminate thoria by switching to MultiStrike® for safer welding
Inert shielding gas monitor for stainless steel welding
Ensure your Pipe Purging System doesn't burst with PurgeGate®
Safe, fast and low cost pipe freezing with Qwik-Freezer™
Glass fibre Backing Tape gives improved weld root profiles
Special high quality, leak tight welding hose for argon feed
Tight sealing Low Profile Pipestoppers for limited spaces and restricted access
Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® to Exhibit at World Nuclear
Lightweight aluminium plugs for heavy-duty applications
Cut costs, not corners with QuickPurge®
Achieve high quality welds with a close eye on your weld purge
Versatile, lightweight nylon plugs for Weld Purging
Improve weld quality with a low cost Trailing Shield®
Versatile Inflatable Stoppers for pipe plugging and stopping